Students and teachers will have quality relationships that positively impact student achievement.
Debra Pickering offerings
January 2013 Good Core Instruction - Thinking Skills
Spring 2012 Good Core Instruction
Completed the third annual relationship surveys with students and teachers.
Hosted the second annual student leadership conference attended by most high schools in the county.
Continued work with eleven African American Parent Networks.
Developed a Social Justice program for teachers and piloted it in three districts.
Increased focus on getting "student voices" in the work of LAC-O.
- Completed the second annual relationship surveys with students and teachers.
- Hosted a student leadership conference attended by most high schools in the county.
- Ten school districts have formed African American Parent Networks who are also working on student achievement as part of their mission.
- Developed a draft framework for examining and sharing programs and services that attend to student engagement in schools.
- 78% of 8th grade students surveyed in 2009 reported having positive relationships with their teachers.